Apprentice Café Assistant QUENCH (SALISBURY) LIMITED
We are looking for an Apprentice to join our passionate café team. Your role will include Barista and front of house duties and working with our other staff to produce and serve some delicious dishes.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Role will involve, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the Chef, where you will assist in the preparation of cooking and service delivery food Serving customers a range of lovely food and beverages, throughout the day.
- Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work in a busy kitchen.
- Know the main categories and types of hot and cold beverages in particular coffee, and the methods of preparing and serving them.
- Take payments from customers and use the till to process transactions.
- Demonstrate creativity and update our blackboard menu.
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Take orders over the phone and respond to emails.
- Maintaining a high standard of service & delivery at all times
- Provide table service
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings and carry out instructions as given by Management
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer feels welcomed and looked after.
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a pressurized environment
- Organized multitasker
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and be part of a team committed to providing a high standard of food
Minimum Entry Level 3 Function Skills or GCSE (or equivalent) at grade E in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training to be provided:
Hospitality Standard Apprenticeship at Level 2 with the following emphasis on the specific units below:
- Section 1 – The Customer
- Section 2 – The Business
- Section 3 – Personal performance and team work
- Section 4 – Food and drink production and service
Qualifications will be provided through a mixture of workplace and college training.
Function Skills Maths and English at Level 1 (if applicable)
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire College
Wiltshire College Apprenticeship Team 0845 345 2235 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017