LEVEL 3 Pharmacy Assistant Apprentice Northwood Dispensing Chemist Ltd
Work along with the Pharmacist to dispense and assist with prescriptions.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone enquiries of a routine nature from representatives, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met.
- Working alongside the manager in completing tasks.
Requirements and prospects
Must be able to think on their feet and have the desire to learn. Computer skills useful and the ability to work as a team. Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed.
Positive, motivated, enthusiastic, honest & reliable, punctual, and with the attitude of wanting to learn new skills
Must hold a L2 Pharmacy qualification in order to take your application forward as this post is most appropriate for a learner who is looking to progress.
GCSE Grades C or above to include Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ3 Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills L2 English and Maths if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You will be required to attend College once a week to complete your theory work.
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017