Apprentice Dental Nurse Digmoor Dental Practice
We are looking for a hardworking and outgoing person to join our Dental team. Duties include chair side assistance - mixing materials and assisting the dentist.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety, infection control lead and manufacturers' instructions.
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is always available.
- Ensure the care and welfare of all our patients and their families.
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed.
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted.
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Order or ask Practice owner (Atif Aftab) to order new stock supplies as necessary.
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Ensure complete confidentiality is of upmost importance.
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings.
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required).
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities.
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR.
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct.
- Always wear correct PPE.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are an advantage.
- You must have good IT skills as the patient records and appointment book are computer based, although training will be provided.
- You will be expected to be able to deal with any patient in a caring, professional and competent manner, so good inter personal and customer service skills are essential.
- We are constantly dealing with the public and patients are often nervous, making a professional and caring manner essential to the role of Dental Nursing.
- We are a forward thinking practice and the successful candidate will need to be hardworking and willing to learn.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential to the smooth running of the practice.
- Good organisation skills are also required.
- Applicants will preferably hold GCSE Grades A-C qualifications in Maths & English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Digmoor Dental Practice
- The successful candidate will be visited once every 4 weeks by an assessor in the workplace.
- NVQ Level 3 in Dental Nursing.
- Depending on prior qualifications you will also be required to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
- Work based learning.
Health - Dental Nursing
ALDER TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Alder Training Limited
Connor Kristensen 0151 259 0264 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017