Apprentice - Highways HEXHAM - Construction Maintenance with Northumberland County Council Northumberland County Council
To perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks whilst learning to perform at the desired level in a designated trade
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Carry out a range of tasks and assignments under close supervision
- Make day to day practical decisions with guidance from senior staff.
- Participate in a structured training programme.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Give and receive feedback on work performance with team leader or manager.
- Help maintain a positive approach in the workplace, seek clarity to resolve misunderstandings.
- Learn how to use and care for relevant tools of the trade.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to grasp information and apply recently gained knowledge.
- Reliable and keeps good time.
- Demonstrates a real interest in obtaining a trade qualification.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds values and principles.
- Promotes equal opportunities and diversity in all aspects of work.
- Appropriately follows instructions to achieve set objectives.
- Works collaboratively to achieve team spirit.
- Adapts to change by adopting a flexible and cooperative attitude
- 5 GCSE's Grade C or above, or equivalent including Maths and English.
- Support will be given if you have not achieved this level.
- Possible progression onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship or full-time employment dependent on the dedication and enthusiasm shown by the successful candidate.
Things to consider
To be considered for this position you MUST attend a Screening Workshop. If you do not attend you will not be put forward to the employer for interview.
About the employer
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations Level 2
- Diploma in Construction Operations- General
- Construction Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths and English
Construction Civil Engineering
THE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland Adult Learning Service
Joanne Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017