Customer Service Apprentice Post Office
You’ll be part of a team responsible for delivering a great service to our customers in one of our largest customer support centres. It’s an exciting time to come at work at Post Office as things are really changing. You’ll be given the opportunity through your apprenticeship to thrive here and grow your career.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
£141.75 - £246.75
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a Support Services Apprentice your role will be to:
- Provide a quality service to the customer, ensuring all necessary actions are taken to fully satisfy the customer’s requirements ensuring the delivery of a first class customer experience on every contact.
- Offer assistance to customers in a multi-channel environment via social media, web chat, email and telephone. This will include making and receiving outbound/inbound telephone calls via a telephony system within a fast paced contact centre environment.
- Take ownership of customer enquiries and complaints and manage through to resolution, ensuring all case details are captured using case management applications.
- Handle sometimes complex and sensitive queries, appeals, high profile and complaints and providing advice and information to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Produce customer correspondence using plain English and a high standard of grammar.
- Work within agreed targets and compliance requirements, including quality and adherence guidelines.
- Manage customer call backs, referrals and building relationships.
- Assist with multi-channel marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Share knowledge gained with colleagues to improve the experience to the customer
- Carry out general administration duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate, whilst providing the highest levels of customer service.
- Positive attitude, energy, enthusiasm and flexibility are essential.
- At all times act as an ambassador of POL/contact centre and maintaining professional and ethical working practices
- Provide an excellent quality service to our customers, ensuring that all necessary actions are taken to fully satisfy their requirements
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and solve problems/make decisions
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, using own initiative to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Good planning and organisation skills with the ability to work within structured processes, managing tasks efficiently and effectively.
- The ideal apprentice will be friendly, polite, determined, remain calm under pressure and have a good telephone demeanour.
- No formal qualifications for this apprenticeship are required, however GCSE English and maths would be an advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Customer Service Level 2 NVQ includes technical certificate and functional skills
- PLTS, ERR workbook
- Candidate will have full rights and responsibilities as standard employee
- In addition to this full training will be provided to support you in your role.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Leah Shortt 01246 500681
Before you apply
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017