Apprentice Day Nursery Assistant ORCHIDS CHILD CARE LIMITED
You will be assisting in pay activities and care routines. This setting offers care before and wrap around care on a daily basis. The hours of work are 730.am till 9am and then 12 - 5pm everyday Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
At Orchids childcare you will be working with children aged 3 - 8 years. The morning shift 7.30am - 9.00am you will be assisting with breakfast - monitoring what they have, helping clear away breakfast bowls and drinks, speaking to parents, providing play opportunities such as board games, team games, drawing, painting and etc.
- You will assist in taking the children to their classes for the start of their school day with other nursery nurses.
- From Midday until 5pm, you will be looking after children as they finish their day at nursery, and at school.
You will be providing learning activities such as:
- Creative activities,
- Construction activities using toys such as Lego to aid learning,
- You will be required to read stories and participate in singing nursery rhymes
- You will also be required to help with activities and games in the outdoor area with other members of staff.
- You will be talking to children to find out their interests and help them make decisions on what they would like to play with.
- Which all will be planned and prepared according to statuary frameworks
- You will also collect children with qualified staff from their class who receive afterschool care until they are collected by their parents / carers.
Requirements and prospects
- You must be reliable as you have a split day.
- You must like children.
- You must be able to get to the place of work, so before you apply please make sure that this journey is workable for you to get to twice a day.
- Good at communication.
- Good at communicating
- To like children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- GCSE grade C (4) or above, or equivalent in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
ORCHIDS CHILD CARE LIMITED
Depending on prior qualifications and experience will determine which level of Apprenticeship you will be undertaking. You will be either doing an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children and Young people's Workforce or A Diploma in Early Years Educator
Children and Young People's Workforce
CRACKERJACK TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crackerjack Training Limited
Angela McGlinchey 01214542043 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017