Apprentice Nursery Nurse Lambley Day Nursery
Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children.Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare. Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes. Be a reliable member of the team, working cooperatively and with flexibility.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
15 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children.
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes.
- Be a reliable member of the team, working cooperatively and with flexibility.
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy by helping to undertake routine cleaning of the environment and resources.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and when necessary follow safeguarding procedures.
- Observe each child's progress and report achievements, looking for progression and continuity.
- Develop positive relationships with parents/carers, staff members and outside agencies.
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive classroom environment.
- Attend parent meetings, be involved in fundraising events and assist with the promotion of the nursery as required.
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- Changing nappies and feeding.
- Other general duties as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and spoken English
- Has a genuine interest in interacting with and developing children
- Hard working
- Keen to progress onto Level 3
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team, developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies
- Affinity with young children
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- A willingness to undertake further relevant training
- Ability to create positive relationships
- Uses initiative but can also takes advice and guidance
- Calm and patient
The ideal candidate will hold their GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grades A*-C but this is not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Lambley Day Nursery
- Level 2 NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Adam Black 0115 933 8314 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017