Customer Services and Business Support Apprentice Midlands & Lancashire C S U
We are seeking a new apprentice to the team to compliment the existing team. We are keen to hear from individuals looking for a career with continued professional development.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Answering telephone calls
- Operating a Bespoke BILCS internet portal
- Data processing
- Use of Excel spreadsheets
- E-mail management, sending and monitoring
- Allocating work to interpreters via the portal
- Chasing late interpreters
- Taking bookings over the telephone
- Co-ordinating interpreter diaries
- Ensuring all bookings are covered
Requirements and prospects
- Ability use a telephone with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Highly developed skills for finding information via the internet
- Ability to communicate with team colleagues with confidence
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Keyboard skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to priorities tasks
- Clear verbal communications
- Ability to relate to other team members
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Motivated to learn and develop new skill
- Eager develop a career in customer services or the NHS
- English and Maths GCSE would be preferred, but all candidates will be assessed on the quality of their application form and experience
- IT related qualification or experience would be of benefit for this role
Things to consider
About the employer
Sandwell College will provide a Level 2 Business Administration qualification. This will involve continued on site support and guidance with your designated assessor trainer. The employer will provide on the job professional training relating to your role and course.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017