General Administration Apprentice Gpsk Limited
We are looking for an apprentice to provide administrative support. You'll handle enquiries, paperwork and sales tasks with 'can-do' proactive enthusiasm.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include - but not be limited to:
- General clerical tasks (e.g Data entry, document typing, filing, post and document distribution).
- Answering telephone enquiries and routine correspondence (including emails).
- Reviewing office procedures and recommending changes as necessary.
- Making arrangements for meetings and greeting visitors.
- Keeping routine financial records and processing routine purchases of office supplies.
- Producing business documents.
- Working alongside sales, helping promote sales to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Always keeping a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Having an attention for detail.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good organisational skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- Ability to work and resolve issues independently under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision but alongside a team.
- Very mature individual with the will power to learn and to achieve.
- Confident self starter.
- To be able to exercise judgement over how telephone/email enquiries should be handled.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your initiative.
- High level of confidentiality at all times.
- Able to work within a fast paced environment.
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- ICT qualification.
About the employer
Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work based meaning you spend 4 days a week at placement and 1 day a week at college. This includes functional skills classes where applicable.
By the end of this apprenticeship you will have:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration.
- Functional Skills Level 1 English, Maths and ICT- if required.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Business and Administration
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017