Apprentice Care Assistant Eleighwater House
An amazing opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to undertake a Health & Social Care Apprenticeship with us. The successful candidate will be friendly, caring, patient and understanding to the specific needs of our Service Users in their day to day care needs, whilst maintaining a happy and polite attitude.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
19 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Daily tasks and duties include:
- You will provide personal care such as washing, bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting assistance to the Service Users and will undertake manual handling duties as required (18+ Only).
- You will undertake practical duties where necessary including: cleaning, laundry and you will help to maintain the Service Users social and occupational skills, e.g. letter writing, serving meals, folding clothes and laying tables.
- You will undertake social and other duties, which include shopping, care of clothing, and assisting with family and social contacts.
- You will work with the Activities Co-ordinator to encourage the Service Users to take part in organised activities and one to one support.
- You will be guided by your Supervisor to undertake the key worker role, which involves building a special relationship with the Service Users and developing extended relationships with their families and friends.
- You will access and update confidential records using a computer on a daily basis. You may also be required to use technology to support Customers in order to improve health and well-being in order to maintain contact with family and friends, e.g. Skype, YouTube, Internet, ect…
- You will maintain necessary records such as service users care plans, and contribute to reviews of customers’ needs as directed.
- You will attend meetings, training course and follow-up refresher courses as required.
You will work in line with the policy on Infection Prevention and Control, according to your role. The Company induction will give you the skills and knowledge to understand your role.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to manage your own time
- Ability to communicate clearly, to understand service users and make yourself clearly understood
- Listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills and experience of using different forms of technology
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have a caring approach
- Honesty and respect for confidentiality
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Sense of humour
It would be an advantage to have GCSE’s in the 4 to 9 (A* to C) range or equivalent for English and Maths, but this is not essential as you will complete Functional Skills as part of the Apprenticeship as necessary.
The successful candidate will also need to complete an initial assessment at College, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Intermediate Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Maths (if required)
- Care Certicate
- Participate in an Induction
Health and Social Care
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017