Apprenticeships in retail for DFS DFS Furniture Co Plc
This is a national vacancy and successful candidates will be placed in the store nearest to where they live. However there will be some training at the Head Office which is based in Doncaster. During your first year you will be an apprentice working towards a L2 retail qualification. After successful completion you will move onto a sales person.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working alongside our current teams you will learn all aspects of our retail operation which will include:
- Great customer service - how to approach a customer
- How to describe a product
- How to convert a customer into a sale
- What our after sales service is and how to describe it to customers
- How to merchandise the products
- How to deal with complaints
- How to convert complaints into sales
- How to complete the paperwork
- You will work in your nearest store ( subject to a vacancy) but you will attend training courses at a central location where all apprentices will be trained together.
- In between training you will be set assignments.
- After successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be moved into a permanent postion in a local store where further promotions will be available for those who seek it.
Requirements and prospects
- Great communication
- Ability to work as a team member
- Smart in appearance
- Eager to learn
Grades C or above in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
DFS Furniture Co Plc
- Communicating with customers
- Products & servuces
- Learning about brand reputation
- Understanding the business
- Stock management
- Sales and promotions
- Legal and governance
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Qube Qualifications And Development Limited
ANDREA FERN 07469080170 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017