Apprentice Nursery Assistant Level 3 Little Einsteins Day Nursery
We are looking for an enthusiastic Level 2 Apprentice to join our busy team. This vacancy is based at the Little Einsteins, School Walk, Denaby Main Doncaster, DN12 4HZ
Closing date: today
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You must be able to work as part of a team and be able to care for and supervise the children .
- You will work with your room leader and colleagues planning and preparing activities to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- You will be required to keep development records and observations of the children and offer positive management of children's behaviour. Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records is essential.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the nursery and equipment. .
- You will be required to undertake supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies’ bottles; laundry duties, participating in regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Attendance of staff meetings .
Requirements and prospects
- Some experience of caring for children is desirable
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Honest, reliable, conscientious, able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Good timekeeping and time management
- Able to motivate self and others
- Awareness of inclusion and equal opportunities
GCSE Grade C in Maths and English (or the equivalent level qualification) or above preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 in Childcare plus Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Doncaster College
Tracey Butterfield 01302 553752
Before you apply
Closing date: today