Apprentice Landscape Site Operative West Lindsey Landscapes Ltd
The successful apprentice applicant will undertake landscaping duties under supervision on various commercial contracts to include: topsoil preparation, turfing, seeding, planting and mulching.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Undertake instructions from site supervisor.
- Safely use hand tools.
- Prepare ground for seeding, planting and turfing.
- Safely use power hand tools (auger, strimmer, Avant, ride-on mower) to carry out soft landscaping and maintenance works.
- Abiding to Health and Safety procedures.
- Carry out soft landscaping works: seeding, planting, mulching and turfing.
Requirements and prospects
- Literacy Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Team Working
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- We are looking for someone who is a good communicator.
- You will be required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- The successful candidate will be organised and have a good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop consciousness
- Must have an interest in horticulture
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The vacancy is based in a large, lively team and therefore the candidate must work well in team situations as well as work using their own initiative
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to work in a busy office environment
- A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential.
- No experience or qualifications required as full training will be given
- Candidate should have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to complete the Intermediate Apprenticeship
- GCSE's (or equivalent) in Maths and English would be beneficial.
Things to consider
About the employer
Day release at Riseholme College on Wednesdays during term time to complete the Level 2 Workbased Diploma in Horticulture, Functional Skills in Maths and English if necessary, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Employer Rights and Responsibilities. Assessments, observations and work-based reviews will be completed in the workplace every 8-10 weeks.
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riseholme College
Michelle Bailey email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017