Resourcing & Business Support Apprentice BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
An exciting Advanced Apprenticeship opportunity to join a busy business support team, providing administrative support to the Customer Service Centre. The Centre is the first point of contact to customers contacting Buckinghamshire County Council and this role is an intrinsic part of the Centre’s success.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship will provide administration support within a small specialist business support team in our Customer Service Centre.
The role will involve working closely with the team who provide:
- The daily resourcing of the Customer Service Centre
- The provision of reports and datasets
- The administration of all applications for the Customer Service Centre
The role will involve varied duties including:
- Updating applications, for example web chat and email templates
- Postal deliveries
- Administration of data for quality monitoring
- IT equipment checks and keeping accurate logs
- Transcribing telephone calls
Note: You will be eligible to 50% off of Arriva bus travel, 34% off of Chiltern Railways services and a range of discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good ICT skills (examples may include: Excel, Business Objects, GIS or other systems related to the collation, manipulation, analysis and reporting of data)
- Planning and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent time keeper
- Happy to “own” tasks
For Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship - Qualified to Level 2 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C or equivalent), OR a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration:
- NVQ Level 3
- Technical Certificate Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Any additional elements
- Training in workplace
Business and Administration
SEAC RECRUITMENT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South East Apprenticeship Company
Jules Williamson Jules@se-apprenticeship.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017