Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Barnabys Day Nursery
An excellent opportunity for candidates wishing to begin a career in the Childcare sector as an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner working with babies and young children in a nursery environment.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Providing full and practical support in the day to day operations of the nursery
- Planning, organising and implementing appropriate activities for children which meet their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and development needs
- Assisting in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children
- Monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting on the development and progress of children in the setting
- Keeping children’s files up to date with planning for their individual needs, observations, development records and all other relevant documentation
- Preparing and serving food, milk, drinks and snacks to children as required
- Assisting children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with potty training, toileting, changing clothes
- Housekeeping duties including cleaning of the nursery to ensure that hygienic standards are maintained at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills are vital in this role. Successful applicants will need to be comfortable communicating with babies and children, their parents and guardians, and colleagues within the nursery.
- Successful applicants must have good time management skills – you must be a punctual person and be on time for work
- A hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail.
- A helpful and friendly attitude and a warm and positive approach to children.
- A team player who enjoys working with other people.
- Enthusiastic with a desire to make a positive contribution to the children in the setting.
- Good sense of humour and dedication to get the job done.
- Patient and caring approach.
- The successful applicant will be required to have the Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce level 2 (CYPW).
- This is a framework of qualifications which includes the Level 3 Certificate in CYPW and Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
This is a framework of qualifications which includes the Level 3 Certificate in CYPW and Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
Children and Young People's Workforce
WEST YORKSHIRE LEARNING PROVIDERS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Yorkshire Learning Providers Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017