Level 2 Apprentice Canine Carer NEEDHAM CANINE CRECHE LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity for someone who has a keen love of animals to learn to be one of our Canine Carers and be involved in the start-up of a franchise to the Canine Crèche Group. You will have a natural affinity with dogs and are basically dog lovers!
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Contribute to providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment for all dogs.
- Caring and general supervision of the dogs.
- Vigilance in supervising their care, well-being and entertainment.
- Ensuring a plentiful supply of water.
- Ensuring dog waste is removed immediately.
- Tending to the dogs thoughtfully, gently and with care.
- Feeding the dogs correctly (measured and on time).
- Dealing with any “special needs” dogs, i.e. older dogs or some on medication.
- Paying close attention to the notices regarding dogs status such as an injury, recent surgery or allergy.
- Careful and efficient monitoring of any changes or differences in dogs behaviour/temperament/condition.
- Communicating and working with the team.
- General cleaning duties, hoovering, sweeping, mopping, polishing, washing up, etc.
- All other miscellaneous duties that may occur on a day to day basis.
- Any other reasonable duties as the needs of the business evolve.
You will answer to and work directly with the Managing Director.
Requirements and prospects
- You will be expected to demonstrate a calm approach.
- A natural love of dogs.
- A caring and professional approach.
- Trustful - Held a position or performed a duty previously which details high levels of trust (at school if this is first position, i.e. prefect, club leader).
- Efficient and thorough, paying attention to detail.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions exactly.
- Can prove your reliability, your attendance record must be exemplary.
- Highly committed to the dogs wellbeing and happiness.
- Friendly face to face manner and personable soft skills.
- Capable of communicating clearly with all members of the team.
- Pro Active approach.
- GCSEs, or equivalent, in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full training will be provided throughout the Level 2 Animal Care qualification.
- Full support and training will be required for any Functional Skills required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KEITS Training Services Ltd
Rosalind South 07833 051 434 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017