Level 2 Business Administration Apprentice Genesis Home Appliances Ltd
Working in Genesis, covering the administration side of work for the company.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
14 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Responsible for updating our website with new products and special offers.
- Compare the markets to ensure we are competitive on price and service.
- Handle Business communication via email, phone and letter both with businesses and customers.
- Manage marketing strategies – digital, print and social media.
- Use social media to promote the business – Facebook and Twitter.
- Working as part of a team of variable ages.
- Keeping the shop floor and work area tidy.
- General admin as necessary – inputting sales, updating customer notes, booking deliveries and repairs.
- Internet research – price matching, product locating.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organise and schedule appointments.
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Tea/coffee making (we all take turns!).
Requirements and prospects
- A general willingness to help and work as part of a team.
- Previous sales/customer service experience desirable but not essential.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of digital media and social media.
- Ability to talk to people face-to-face and on the phone with confidence.
- Eager to learn.
- An interest in sales and our product range.
- An interest in marketing and business development.
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
About the employer
The business was started 14 years ago by John Riley and it has been a family run business every since. With over 27 years experience in the industry John has pride in our service and reputation, with this in mind all the staff know that second best isn't good enough. We have many repeat customers who are given the best service at the best price's. Each year we have grown and are now the largest independant retailer in the area. We are part of one of the biggest buying groups in the UK and have the backing of all the major manufacturers.
- Level 2 Business and Administration
- You will be allocated to an assessor from Lakes College who will come out and visit you on a 3-4 week basis.
- They will provide you with the units that make up your apprenticeship but also help and support you so you're able to happily and easily work your way through your apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship will be fully work based.
Business and Administration
LAKES COLLEGE WEST CUMBRIA
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lakes College West Cumbria
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017