Customer Services Apprentice (Library and Reception Services) St Laurence School
To assist in the running of an effective Independent Learning Centre which provides a central resource for pupils and staff to research and study, as well as reading for pleasure.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As Librarian Assistant:
- To promote and develop an ethos in the Independent Learning Centre (ILC) which is conducive to learning, information gathering and reading for pleasure.
- To organise and arrange stock for effective retrieval, including classification, cataloguing, key wording and dissemination service.
- To manage the effective issue and return of library materials.
- To manage the effective booking of rooms and computers within the ILC and liaise with teachers about resources required for booked lessons.
- To provide effective admin support to the Librarian, including the running of the after school Homework Club.
- Supervise use of the photocopier and student printing.
- To ensure that the ILC presents an efficient and attractive appearance through the use of displays.
- To supervise students working independently during private study time.
- To monitor students use of the ILC, in particular computer usage, during lessons and break times.
- To support the Librarian in ensuring that students use the ILC sensibly, in accordance with the School’s code of conduct and behaviour policy.
- Welcome all visitors to the school – issue visitors badges – find destination
- Ensure all incoming deliveries go to the appropriate place
- Answer all support calls from teaching staff
- Dealing with pupil enquires in the first instance
- Designate all lost property to appropriate places
- Answer staff enquires related to the reception/switchboard function
There are two ways to apply for this position.
1. Please send your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising why you are applying and what skills you can bring to the company. Please ensure that your email is entitled Apprenticeship Vacancy Applicant.
2. Apply through the National Apprenticeship Service Website.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to expand on current experience
- Evidence that work is important to personal satisfaction
- Commitment to the school
- Methodical and careful in the approach to tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships with students, staff and members of the public
GCSE English and Maths A-C (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Customer Services
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) if required
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire College
Wiltshire College Apprenticeship Team 0845 345 2235 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017