Groundworks Apprentice COLLINSGROUNDWORKS & CONSTRUCTION LTD
Groundworks Apprentice required by a Thame-based Groundworks firm, with day release to ACE Training where your classroom and practical training will support your work on site with your employer. Excellent rates of pay and immediate start available. Applicants will need their own transport.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity to become a Groundworks apprentice at a family-run Groundworks firm based near Thame. Typical duties will include:
- Clearing sites
- Laying foundations for extensions and new builds
- Installation of drainage & pipeworks
- Excavating and concreting foundations, and building the foundations until the floor is on and the work is up to the damp proof course (DPC)
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Laying/repairing driveways and patios
Your training will also include 'off-site' learning via day release to ACE Training, a specialist construction training company in Kidlington.
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be able to show a genuine interest in the construction industry. You will need to be able to work well in a small team, able to follow instructions, and have good communication skills.
It will be necessary for applicants to have their own transport.
- Good work ethic
- Willingness to work in all weathers
- Willingness to work outside
- Good teamworker
No formal qualifications required but GCSE (or equivalent) 'C' or above in English and Maths would be an advantage, although not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
COLLINSGROUNDWORKS & CONSTRUCTION LTD
You will work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship which includes:
- NVQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services -Construction Operations (Construction)
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction Operations - General Construction
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) at Level 1, if required
You will combine on-the-job learning with your employer on site, with off-site learning at ACE through a combination of classroom and practical workshop sessions.
Construction Civil Engineering
INTROTRAIN (ACE) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Introtrain (ACE) Limited
Lyndsey Fitzpatrick 01865 370040 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017