Software Apprentice - 12677 FLAGSTONE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD
Seeking a dynamic apprentice to learn all aspects of software development and to become a part of a team of developers within the central London area.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- To learn and become integrated into a team of developers using the most modern technologies and methodologies
- Work as part of a team developing bespoke applications (both web and non-web based) for the financial management industry
- Learn to use modern agile methodologies and practices to carry out development tasks
Participate in design and development meetings and team talks
Apprentices will gain on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and on-line learning which will teach a range of skills including architecture (both software and hardware), web based development using latest technologies, cloud based computing, web development, dev-ops as well as business processes and practices.
Requirements and prospects
- Qualities / essential requirements
- Enthusiastic, with a passion to learn all aspects of IT
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Be both a team player and be able to work alone
- A logical thinker who likes to share ideas and be a good problem solver
- Dynamic and be able to undertake different tasks assigned
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
- Desired Qualifications
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer
FLAGSTONE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD
Software and Web Development
- L3 & L4 total: 31-39 months
- Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
- Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
- Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Software Developer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017