Assistant Engineer Logistex Limited
Do you have a passion for all things engineering? Would you like to receive up to 4 years of specialist training? This is your opportunity to secure a bright future, and start your career with a company who is keen to invest in new talent…
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Logistex are looking to appoint an Assistant Engineer to work within the team onsite, ensuring that the equipment is maintained to a high standard, and the systems deliver the required demands for its 24/7 operation.
You will learn and develop the skill to:
- Recover errors on all the automated systems including cranes, conveyors, DCRN’s, VTU’s and robot
- Reset errors due to product, equipment or operator
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organisational operations and effective service to connecting groups
- Carry out basic maintenance activities
- Assist engineers with fault finding activities
- Support activities with Logistex products and systems in response to customer requirements
- Participate in team project activities
- Adhere to all health & safety requirements
The role of a maintenance engineer is both interesting & challenging, and would suit a motivated candidate who is keen to learn & progress. We are looking for someone who is focused on delivering results, who can manage pressure effectively, and who can work as part of a demanding team. In return, you will be rewarded with a generous apprenticeship salary, a specialist set of skills and essential technical knowledge, and the potential opportunity of a long and fulfilling career with the group.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic Mechanical or Electrical Knowledge or experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- The ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Working at height
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Good dexterity & able to use tools
- An integral team player & contributor
- Customer focused at all times
- A desire and dedication to succeed
- A positive attitude towards work & your studies
- A passion for engineering will have to be evident.
- You will be attentive
- A strong communicator
- Professional at all times
Ideally GCSE’S Grade C or above in Maths and English
Ideally working towards an electrical or mechanical qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will attend North Nottinghamshire College, based in Worksop, one day per week. Your day release will compromise of practical based work in the college electrical workshop, and theory work based in the classroom. If you don’t have GCSE’s grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English and ICT then you will work towards your Level 2 functional skills.
You will have regular reviews with your assessor in the workplace and your NVQ will be assessed through your practical demonstration in the college workshops and in the workplace.
Upon completion of this 48 month Apprenticeship, you will be awarded the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Maintaining Electro-technical Systems and Equipment
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
You will complete an AM2 as your end-point assessment.
Electrotechnical > Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician
NORTH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Nottinghamshire College
Melissa Renshaw 01909 504 739 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017