Apprentice Chef Seaham Hall
An Apprentice Chef is required to assist kitchen in day to day operations and develop skills and knowledge as a chef.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To keep a tight control over food GP %
- To monitor stock movement, to ensure stock security.
- To ensure as a minimum wastage.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To actively promote employees involvement and understanding of the food culture.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
- To learn from other members of the brigade and make your own notes and take down recipes.
Service and Product:
- To evaluate performance and product on a regular basis in order to recognize challenges for the future.
- To avoid wastage at all times and ensure it is stored securely and safely.
- Work with the Chef de Partie to ensure mis-en-place is completed.
- Clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To ensure daily communication with the front of house team.
- To maintain levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- To report any maintenance issues to the head chef immediately.
- Monitor the daily temperature and cleaning logs.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as designated by your Head of Department
- To advise your Manager of any further training and development requirements
To be fully conversant with:
- The Hotel Fire Procedures
- The Hotel and Company Security Procedures
- The Company Complaints Handling Procedure
- The Hotel’s facilities
- The Hotel Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Current licensing regulations
- Methods of payment accepted by the company
- The operating standards and procedures within the department
- Short and long term company promotions.
Requirements and prospects
- Fast learners
- Excellent communication skills
- Work at consistently high standards
- Interest in working with food
- Passionate about food
- Good time keeping
Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent) at grades A – D to include English
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ L2 Professional Cookery
- L1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- L2 Certificate in Hospitality & Catering Principles.
Catering and Professional Chefs
HARTLEPOOL COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hartlepool College of FE
Cheryl Clements 01429 404073 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017