IT Apprentice Taylor Bloxham Ltd
As our IT Apprentice, whilst studying for your Advanced IT Apprenticeship, you will offer support for our help desk. Initially assisting with the basics but as your knowledge and experience develops, taking responsibility for more complex support issues.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As our IT Apprentice, whilst studying for your Advanced IT Apprenticeship, you will offer support for our help desk. Initially assisting with the basics but as your knowledge and experience develops, taking responsibility for more complex support issues. This is great opportunity to join a small busy team in a company that can offer future prospects.
Initial duties to include:
- Using in-house-mail checking software review and release stopped messages to enhance company protection.
- Learn to be confident using our in house MIS system.
- Perform system housekeeping and manage daily routines.
- Install, implement and maintain computers within corporate domain.
- Assist with the company intranet maintenance requirements.
- Help administer company inkjet / laser consumables.
- Develop first port of call status for all IT related queries and messages.
- Efficiently record messages for other IT department colleagues in their absence.
• Quality software and hardware support.
• Website development skills.
• Liaise with external maintenance and support companies.
• Evaluate if required, new technologies.
• Train users on new and existing corporate computer systems.
• Write Crystal Reports to enquire in house databases.
• VMWare vCenter maintenance.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to problem solve or find solutions.
- Desire to learn and broaden technical knowledge.
- Basic understanding of pc hardware and literacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows
- Knowledge of Apple Devices
- Good people skills, likes dealing with people.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Polite and presentable.
- Positive attitude.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Taylor Bloxham Ltd
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Leicester for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Closing date: 11 Oct 2017