Apprentice Maintenance and Installation Engineer Alicat Workboats Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career in the marine support industry as an Apprentice Maintenance and Installation Engineer, with plenty of opportunity to learn and develop whilst working at Alicat Workboats Ltd in Great Yarmouth.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working alongside our tradesmen you will benefit and learn from their experience and skills and gain experience to perform engineering maintenance and installation on new build and existing workboats and seagoing vessels, as well as general engineering services.
Duties will include :
- Fitting out of new build workboats.
- Main engine installation and alignment.
- Domestic type plumbing and hydraulics.
- Working offsite as service engineer on essential maintenance, breakdown and repair of marine engines and associated equipment.
- Working within dry dock environment to carry out effective repairs to seagoing vessels.
- Maintenance, installation, service and repair to existing vessels.
- Maintenance, installation, service and repair to other engineering services.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations and work within company guidelines and policies.
- Keeping the workshop spaces clean and tidy.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 2 Engineering Manufacture – Engineering Maintenance Framework is primarily delivered in the workplace with 1 day a week attendance at college. Should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
Depending upon previous experience and qualifications, this could be offered as a Level 3 Apprenticeship but the full training will still be of a four year duration.
Requirements and prospects
You will have the following skills:
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
- Good communication and people skills
- Professional approach to work
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good practical skills
You will need to be:
- Interested in working in a relevant industry.
- Willing to learn all aspects of Engineering.
- Flexible in your approach to work.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Keen to develop new skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Well-presented, professional and polite.
- Take pride in all works carried out.
- Friendly and helpful in manner.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C (new Grade 4) or above (or the equivalent) to include English and Maths.
- As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City & Guilds Level 2: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (QCF).
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering - Maintenance (QCF).
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in: English, Maths and Information and Communication Technology.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Health and Safety.
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017