Apprentice Designer (a Creative Pioneers 2 apprenticeship) Verb Brands Limited
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Digital Design team in the production of content design and website designs and redesigns. Joining Verb is a great place to learn digital design. We’ve got very experienced junior and senior members of the team who will develop your career and help you progress within design.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We’re a young company with lots of socialising after work, we love doing fun activities together in the evenings as a team and our founder Chris Donnelly believes in having the perfect culture at work so you love coming in every day. All of the responsibilities listed below will be trained by our team.
We have excellent company benefits as well as a perk box account to keep the cost of life down in London.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Helping the design team with the website design on multiple projects at any one time.
- Update on-site content for all projects using Wordpress CMS and ensure all content and creative meets our standards.
- Liaise with the the Project Manager to source all relevant content material, including imagery, and to ensure all graphics adhere to brand identity guidelines.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication when annotating notes in response to our clients.
- Keep abreast of competitors and the latest industry developments, championing design innovation and clearly demonstrating how we can lead the industry.
- Handle constructive criticism in a positive manner and allow direction from senior designers to positively influence your work.
- Proof read all mock ups before sending to PM to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Support the Marketing team with the creation of advertising banners, including those for affiliate sites.
- Email design on an adhoc basis.
- You will have one day a week to work on your college work. It is your responsibility to make college deadlines.
Requirements and prospects
- Creative and self-motivated with attention for strong design, with a good innate understanding of site usability
- Handling constructive criticism in a positive manner and allowing direction from senior designers to positively influence your work
- Ability to take direction and interpret briefs accurately and to deadlines and a disciplined approach to processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- An interest in User Experience
- A flexible approach when working in a team
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- A proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- A strong team player
- Genuine interest in all things digital, passion for innovation and discovery of new techniques, technologies and social trends
- Someone who recognizes importance of team and company cooperation
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Comfortable sharing own views, ideas or creative suggestions
- At least 5 grade A*to C GCSEs (or equivalent, including English and Maths, either at GCSE or level 2 Functional Skills)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Standard: Junior Content Producer (Level 3 apprenticeship)
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Creative and design > Junior Content Producer
Creative Pioneers Challenge
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017