Engineering Design Apprentice SKYMAKER LIMITED
Skymaker Rooflights is an established UK based company manufacturing and supplying contemporary Rooflights and Skylights worldwide. Skymaker prides themselves on the wide range of standard and bespoke sized Rooflights. They have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2018
11 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We need an energetic individual to work alongside our senior designers, designing our standard products and also working on bespoke orders that come through our busy sales dept.
Keen eye for detail, good work ethic, the successful candidate will be working with CAD and liaising with our other designers and manufacturing team to ensure design and specifics are all correct.
This may involve other areas of design work that may arise within the role or may require assistance in other areas of the business.
Day to day duties may include:
- Studying a design brief
- Thinking of possible design solutions
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact and safety of a design
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes
- Collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes
- Modifying designs and retesting them
- Writing regular progress reports and presenting them to project managers and clients
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate(s) must be:
- Good work ethic.
- Good team member.
Working as part of a team is crucial and they must be able to work to deadlines wherever possible. Previous interest in the manufacturing industry could be an advantage.
- None specified.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Engineering Technical Support Advanced Apprenticeship
- Engineering Technical Support L3 NVQ Extended Diploma
- Engineering Diploma L3
- FS English L2
- FS Maths L2
- FS ICT L2
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by West Suffolk College
Sam Ridgeon email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017