IT and Administration Apprentice College Way Surgery
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team at College Way Surgery. The successful candidate will provide assistance to the IT, Administration and Reception teams. We are a busy practice and work hard to provide an excellent service to both patients and colleagues.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
£149.85 - £260.85
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Electronic data administration using the Practice clinical system
- Media administration; working with IT team to maintain website and in-surgery patient information systems. Assist in delivering other IT solutions to improve patient communication (Facebook, SMS)
- Assisting with data input during immunisation clinics
- General administration including photocopying, opening and distributing the post, scanning and filing
- Dealing with patient enquires by phone and face to face
- Scanning and linking of patient documents
- Processing and photocopying patient reports
- Reception duties, after initial training
Opportunities to undertake audio typing, if proficient
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to plan ahead, organise and determine own workload priorities
- Ability to use initiative and to work well as part of a team
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness and common sense
- Ability to work accurately, particularly when under pressure to meet deadlines
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Attention to detail and quality
Excellent communication skills and patience to allow effective communication with a wide variety of people
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to demonstrate flexibility with regards to duties and availability.
- Committed to providing a quality service.
- Good timekeeper.
- Caring, courteous, calm.
- Commitment to own personal development.
- Willing to learn and to undertake further training.
Minimum: 5 or more GCSEs grades A-C (to include Maths & English)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional skills Maths, English and ICT if required
Business and Administration
RICHARD HUISH COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Richard Huish College
Jo Mellor 01823 424603 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017