Human Resources Apprentice East Coast College
This role has plenty of opportunity to learn and develop working in an educational setting in Human Resources at East Coast College, Lowestoft campus providing general administrative support.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work with the HR Team providing first line support to staff, ensuring all staff are dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner and in line with College quality systems.
- Assist in the recruitment process, including preparation and distribution of recruitment packs. Process and send all pre and post interview communications and escort candidates on interview day.
- Deal with enquiries from members of the public, staff and organisations, both over the phone and in person.
- Conduct basic pre-employment checks including DBS and references.
- Ensure that all paper and computer based records are effectively updated and accurately maintained.
- Maintain and monitor the Human Resources Inbox and Recruitment Inbox and correspond to enquiries accordingly.
- Monitor sickness absence levels and produce reports as required.
- Monitor and schedule probations reviews.
- Provide general administrative support to the Human Resources Team.
- Sort and deliver the post for the Human Resources Team.
- Monitor absence telephone line as required.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders that lead to increased learner experience.
- Promote a teaching, learning and working environment that is free from discrimination and where all students and staff are encouraged to express their individuality.
- Promote the welfare and safeguarding of students.
- Undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the level of responsibility within the College at any of the College’s sites or places of work.
You will also be required to comply with Health & Safety regulations and complete the Apprenticeship programme within the timescales outlined by the Business Administration Vocational Trainer.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Other than attending college for ‘workshops’, approximately twice a month, the Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework training programme in Business Administration is primarily delivered in the workplace unless, should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualification
Requirements and prospects
- Administration skills
- Sound communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, dealing with a wide range of people
- Good IT skills, spreadsheets, word processing, end-use of database systems, presentation and visualisation packages
- Experience of working in a college or educational establishment
- Have an understanding of Safeguarding issues within an educational environment
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience of or ability to work within a customer focused environment
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other team members
- Caring, understanding nature when dealing with people with sensitive issues
- A thirst for knowledge, wanting to develop in the role and gain further training and experience
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF); City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in: English, Maths and Information and Communication Technology; Personal Learning and Thinking Skills; Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Health and Safety
Business and Administration
East Coast College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Coast College
Sandra Peck 01493 419891 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017