Apprentice Dental Nurse Bells Lane Dental Practice
Your work will include all aspects of dental nursing. You may also be required to carry out any other duties to assist the smooth running of the practice.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. Wages to be discussed at interview.
In your role, you will:
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence.
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians.
Requirements and prospects
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Willing to learn and take on new challenged
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent.
About the employer
Bells Lane Dental Practice
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Health - Dental Nursing
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspiration Training Ltd
Jo Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017