Administration Apprentice Haworths Chartered Accountants Ltd
The post holder will be responsible for providing administration and reception duties; being the first point of contact and supporting the administration function of the company.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake binding, copying, scanning as required.
- To ensure kitchen is stocked, clean and tidy.
- To undertake daily banking, post, franking and errands as required.
- To answer incoming telephone calls and direct the calls as necessary.
- To take and forward messages to staff members.
- To ensure reception cover is maintained at all times during working hours.
- To greet all visitors in a polite and professional manner.
- To maintain the diary for meeting room bookings.
- To undertake word processing and data processing using Word and Excel.
- Assist in new client set up including processing new details, setting up new files and generating engagement letters.
- Ordering and maintaining all stock levels.
- To organise refreshments for client meetings.
- To comply with office policies and procedures.
- To undertake other duties as assigned from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
Professional and Ethical Standards
- Has the ability to act with integrity, impartiality and confidentiality and be a professional representative of the Company.
- Takes pride in the work undertaken and assists in making a contribution to the efficiency and effectiveness of the office.
- Able to listen attentively and to present messages clearly, politely and in an easy to understand manner.
- Has the ability to get on with colleagues at all levels within the Company and creates a positive impact when communicating with colleagues and clients.
- Shows high levels of commitment to tasks undertaken and aims to meet targets.
Creativity and Innovation
- Is able to present the Company message clearly and recognises and proposes more efficient ways of working.
- Encouraged to overcome their weaknesses and use their strengths. Takes an interest and participates in staff development issues and organisational objectives.
- The ability to act with integrity and confidentiality and be a professional representitive of the company.
GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
About the employer
You will study towards a Level 2 qualification in business administration with Burnley College. The employer will provide additional on the job learning and development
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017