Apprentice Antiques Auctioneer and Auction Room Assistant TREVANION & DEAN AUCTIONEERS AND VALUERS LLP
This is an exciting opportunity to enter or progress within the auction industry with the possibility of developing your own specialist areas of interest. The role has excellent long term prospects for the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
On a daily basis, the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Keeping all areas clean and tidy, the company is open to the public and first impressions are essential
- Assisting the valuers in cataloguing, research and valuations
- Photographing and editing of all lots including furniture, which will require heavy lifting
- General administrative duties, answering phone, taking messages, answering client’s enquiries.
- Welcoming members of the public to the auction house in a friendly and polite manner
- Liaising with consignors and be competent at researching
- Accept and receipt items brought in for auction and laying out goods coming in for auction
- General saleroom duties
- Writing press releases regarding items in forthcoming auctions and liaising with the press
- Updating the website and social media pages
Develop your knowledge by undertaking your own research and learning from the valuers.
Requirements and prospects
- Good research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Close attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse with a range of people
- Work well within a team and independently
- An interest in antiques and fine art
- Friendly and willing to learn
- Dedicated and passionate about a career within the antiques world
- Prepared to undertake own personal research to develop background knowledge
- Able to work well under pressure effectively and manage deadlines
- Self motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
Maths and English GCSE at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in maths, English and IT
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
The successful applicant will need to attend an induction session at a County Training centre prior to starting the apprenticeship placement. They will also need to attend Functional Skills tests, learn about Employer Rights and Responsibilities plus document Personal Learning and Thinking Skills throughout their programme.
Business and Administration
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
County Training Enquiries Team 0345 678 9023 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017