Additional Learning Support Business Admin Apprentice Tyne Metropolitan College
To provide high quality and responsive administrative support for additional learning support, ensuring that both learner and staff needs are being met and that work is carried out in accordance with agreed college administrative procedures and quality standards.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work flexibly and provide efficient administrative and secretarial support for the service including: word processing, distributing documents and information to members of the team, co-ordinating meetings and taking/typing minutes as directed by the ALS Team Leader of Administration and Deputy Head of Student Support
- To provide general administration assistance including archiving, filing and photocopying.
- Ensure ALS data is inputted accurately on the ALS Tracking System and to deadlines.
- To provide support for the SpLD Tutor and ALS Coordinators in retrieving and collation of reports and information.
- To support the Team Leader of ALS Administration with quality audits in line with the College’s and external agencies requirements including OFSTED inspections.
- To assist in the arrangement of interviews for learners with disclosed ALS requirement.
- To ensure the maintenance of records for student assessment and review, to ensure that all records are kept up to date and available for audit and funding purposes and use by the team.
- Establishment and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases as directed by the Deputy Head of Student Support and ALS Administration Team leader.
- Assist with the effective tracking and monitoring of high cost learners and associated funding.
- Use ALS software (including ATLAS) to record data related to ALS
- To assist in the administration of LSA timetables, timesheet, support plans and other support documentation.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and general character of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience/training in IT packages e.g. Excel, word, ATLAS and SpirALS
- Experience of tracking and recording funding in FE
- Experience / ability of working within a team and working independently to manage own workload effectively.
- Working knowledge of working currently with ALS monitoring system
- Experience of working within a SEN environment
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload effectively
- Ability to prioritise tasks and take the initiative in a changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent proven communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with a range of professionals, parents and young people
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Flexibility, responsiveness, dedication and passion about Additional Learning Support and government and college strategies related to helping students reengaging with education regardless of disability or any other E and D protected characteristics
- Reliability, trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrable commitment to inclusive and comprehensive pre and post-16 educational provision
- GCSE English and maths at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths depending on prior qualifications
Business and Administration
SOUTH TYNESIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
Milli Crawford 0191 427 3696 M.Crawford@stc.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017