IT Apprentice – Infrastructure Technician Robinswood Primary School
We are looking to support an apprentice in gaining a Level 3 IT qualification as an infrastructure technician. Whilst studying for this qualification you will work with our IT Manager across our 4 school sites to gain experience and knowledge on a wide range of systems to help you achieve this qualification.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the school’s support staff, you will provide a comprehensive, effective and high quality IT support service to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the school’s IT systems. To ensure proficiency in the core business operations of the school, enabling student learning to remain at the centre of everything we do. Ensuring ‘best value’ and compliance with the appropriate procedures and policies at all times. As a key member of the support team to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the school’s objectives.
You will need to have a driving licence and access to a vehicle so that you can move between schools. Mileage will be paid.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- To assist in the monitoring, service and repair of the school’s IT hardware and software systems
- To act as the first contact point for IT support requests via the Service Desk facility, telephone of face to face.
- To assist in the moving, installing and configuring of hardware; including printers, computers and all other IT related IT’s
- To carry out daily checks on computer suites/trollies and undertake basic repairs
- To respond to staff requests for support with use of hardware and software
- To support the security of data and equipment
- To contribute towards maintaining an inventory of equipment
- To work with the IT Manager to review progress, agree future tasks and activities
- To assist in the maintenance of the school’s asset register
- To cover core business critical duties as required.
Health and Safety
- To be fully aware of all relevant safety and security procedures
- To support the IT Manager in ensuring all equipment meets Health and Safety standards.
- To support the achievement of the school’s objectives by working proactively with the IT Manager on projects or activities outside direct area of responsibility as required.
- To carry out any other tasks as determined by the IT Manager.
- To attend all the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary.
- To follow the School’s IT policy for safe use of IT.
- To be aware of and assume the appropriate level of responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to report any concerns in accordance with the School’s safeguarding policies.
- To comply with legislation, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality, data protection, network and internet use reporting any concerns to the appropriate person.
- To work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the school and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- To comply with the School’s Health & Safety policy and statutory requirements as detailed in the Health & Safety at Work manual.
- To undertake training and personal development as and when identified by IT Manager.
- To undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills, Proficient in MS Office.
A genuine interest in ICT, Personable, Presentable and trustworthy. Able to work under pressure and understand the needs of others.
GCSE Maths and English A – C (9 - 4) or equivalent qualifications AND an I.T qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
- L3 Networking and Architecture – working towards the A+ certification
- L3 Mobile and Operating Systems – working towards the Windows 10 certification
- L3 Cloud Services
- L3 Coding and Logic
- L3 Business Processes – working towards the ITIL Foundation Certification
- Functional Skills: L2 Eng, L2 Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
Robyn Cook 01452 563406 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017