Apprentice Scaffolder Independant Scaffolding Services Ltd
A local scaffolding company are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their well established company. You would start off in the yard loading & unloading scaffold poles & equipment onto the wagons & progress to helping erect scaffolding on site.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
11 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This West Bromwich based Scaffolding company are looking to recruit apprentices to join their well established and growing company.
The successful candidate would receive full on the job training from experienced workers as well as attending college on blocks of 2 weeks which would take place roughly 6 times during the 2 year apprenticeship
This would lead to the achievement of an NVQ Level 2 in Scaffolding and Accessing Operations and Rigging.
Your duties will be varied, the work is largely very physical and will mainly be out doors.
- You will initially work in the yard where material and equipment is stored.
- You can expect to load and unload scaffold poles and equipment from the wagons.
- Move and store scaffold poles and equipment correctly in the yard.
- Keep the yard organised and tidy.
- You will progress to working on site where you will travel with teams to erect and dismantle scaffolding.
- Initially on site you will be responsible for low level labouring
- You will progress to eventually erecting and dismantling scaffold yourself.
- Be responsible to adhere to strict health and safety
- You will be required to attend college, potentially on residential block release, and work towards your NVQ and Health & Safety qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience volunteering, working, training or helping friends/ family out doors is desirable.
- Good at practical work and ability to carry out physical work
- Must have an understanding of health and safety
- Must have excellent time keeping and attendance
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Prepared to meet the demands of the business i.e. work to deadlines, early mornings, travel to pick up points.
- Happy to undertake physically demanding work
- Prepared to get dirty
- Happy to work outdoors in the elements i.e. winter and summer
- Confidence to work in an adult environment.
- Character to take site banter.
- Must have enthusiasm for the job.
- Must see this as a career path.
- Must be prepared to speak up to ask questions or advice.
GCSE grade D or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job training from experienced colleagues as well as six two-week blocks at college over the 2 year apprenticeship leading to an NVQ L2 Access and Rigging Operations to progress to CISRS Part 2.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Michael Wragg 0121 569 2099
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017