Active Support Worker Apprentice DIRECT CARE (UK) LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as an Active Support Worker at Direct Care (UK) Limited based opposite the train station, in Leicester.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Direct Care (UK) LTD are delighted to announce they are looking to enrol 3 Active Support Worker Apprentices to their organisation.
Direct Care UK is a day opportunity provision of specialist complex care, providing quality person-centred care and support to clients based at Rise and in the community for adults with Learning Disability. This may also include providing care in peoples’ home including the elderly and disabled.
We are looking for a high calibre of Active Support Workers to join our rapidly growing team. Only those with natural empathy, compassion and a positive can/will do attitude need apply.
We pride ourselves in working with our clients to improve their lives. Our clients live in the Leicester, Leicestershire areas and need support day and night.
- Personal care: to include washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming, toileting, assisting with the use of a commode, continence management, dressing/undressing, use of manual handling equipment, eating and drinking, medication.
- Domestic Care: to include laundry, bed making, housekeeping, cleaning and generally ensuring that our clients are comfortable and warm.
- Social Care: to include shopping and managing supplies, collecting pensions and prescriptions, accompanying the client wherever necessary.
- We will provide full training and support your personal development.
- If you are committed, passionate and enjoy helping others, then we would love to hear from you.
Requirements and prospects
- It is essential that you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will have an empathetic and caring nature.
- You must be honest, reliable and the energy and enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills.
- A positive approach to teamwork is essential.
- Level 1 qualification in English and Maths (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- As a part of the Apprenticeship programme, you will need to complete the Apprenticeship standard in Health and Social Care.
- In addition to the training and assessment provided by the apprenticeship programme, Direct Care UK Limited will also provide a full induction training programme and continuous mentoring and support for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Adult care > Adult Care Worker
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 01162295536 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017