Hairdressing Apprenticeship- Level 2- Stocksbridge Pearl
This is a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to work in this well-established salon and start a career in hairdressing. This salon is busy and the standards are extremely high so candidates must have excellent multi-tasking skills and whilst they are learning must be willing to work within all aspects of the salon.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working in this busy salon you will:
Meet and greet customers:
- Provide refreshments
- Hang clients coats up in the cloakroom
- Gowning clients
- Ensuring clients are comfortable from the moment they arrive
- Answer the phone or in person
- Paper based or computer inputting
Ensure the salon is kept clean and tidy:
- Sweeping clean the salon floor of cut hair
- Cleaning away client's finished coffee cups
- Helping keep the main reception desk clear
- Cleaning colour bowls
- Cleaning mirrors
Assisting the senior stylists and starting to learn the basics of hairdressing such as:
- Learn the basics of hairdressing whilst under the supervision of senior stylists
- Blow drying
- Full head dyes
- Once you have been shown how to you will be shampooing and conditioning clients
You will ensure all stock is kept up to levels and standards:
- Sterilising scissors and other cutting equipment
- Refilling bottles
- Replenishing products
Re-booking Clients in for their next visit:
- Processing payments
- Retailing hair care products
- Updating the calendar
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work long shifts and cope with demanding nature of job
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work and a passion for hairdressing
- Excellent timekeeping / Punctual
- Professional and presentable appearance
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new techniques and skills
2 GCSE’s at grade A* to D - including Maths and English or equivalent functional skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College, Student to complete an intermediate technical certificate in Hairdressing.
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017