CAD Technician Apprenticeship - Level 3 - Junior CAD Technician Apprentice - Lincoln Steve Gilman Design Ltd
A fantastic opportunity for school/college leaver who has undertaken studies in Construction
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our multi-disciplinary civil and structural engineering practice provides professional design and consultancy services across a variety of sectors. With an extensive client base, we are looking to recruit a suitable candidate who wishes to play a vital role in its continued expansion. In-house training will be given, as well as additional support from external agencies, where required, in order to develop the role further.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake CAD drawing/detailing associated with all aspects of structural/civil design.
- Liaise and communicate with other members of the design team (internal and external)
- Assist design team in producing and issuing designs
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
- To complete training assignments and maintain a student portfolio, which will be assessed by an assessor
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application.
Requirements and prospects
- A keen interest in construction will be required
- Some experience in AutoCAD
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office etc)
- Professional manner, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage own workload to agreed timescales
- Work seamlessly, and with enthusiasm, as part of a small team
- Be highly motivated
- Minimum 5 GCSE A-C to include English, Math & Science
Things to consider
About the employer
Steve Gilman Design Ltd
Training to be completed on site and time at Barnsley College
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Design and Draughtsperson
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Richard Willis 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017