Transport Office Administration Apprentice Gregory Distribution Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career with one of the country’s largest privately owned distribution companies. Gregory Distribution value their staff & offer a friendly working environment. You will undertake an Intermediate level Apprenticeship in Business Administration to work within a busy Transport Operations in Patchway, Bristol.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
12 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are currently seeking a Level 2 Business Administration Apprentice to join the Transport team in our Patchway Depot.
Working in a busy operations department, you will learn all the administration aspects of a transport operations office. You will be trained to carry out some of the following duties:
Using Internal systems:
- Inputting jobs, allocating vehicles and trailer numbers, job splitting, inputting and calculating revenue against vehicles, filing, scanning, dealing with people both face to face, via email and on the telephone, carrying out compliance administration such as pre and post check sheets, licence checks, collating information for KPI reports, inputting information onto spreadsheet’s.
You will be liaising on a daily basis with both internal and external customers and drivers so confident verbal and written communication skills will be essential. The job will be fast-paced and the work in the department can be very pressurised, however you will be given the support and training needed to be successful in the job. You will be required to attend college and undergo on the job assessment to gain your qualifications.
Why Gregory Distribution?
- Hourly wage of £5.00-£5.50 per hour.
- Working week – 40 hours per week, 08:30am until 17:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Opportunity to develop your career within an expanding business.
- Industry Leading Qualifications
- Excellent holiday allowance and company benefits.
- Pension and sickness scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Free parking on site.
- Strong culture of team work.
Requirements and prospects
- Committed to continuing with studies and completing a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
- Excellent time keeping and reliable.
- Confidence and good communicator (verbal and written) both face to face and on the telephone.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and prioritising workload..
- MS packages to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Keen to learn,
- Good timekeeping and reliable,
- Confident and a good communicator (verbal and written) both face to face and on the telephone.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
You will undertake the Business and Administarion Apprenticeship wihich includes the following:
- Business and Administration Level 2 Diploma
- Employment Rights and Responsibilites
- English, maths and ICT Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
20% of the time on your Apprenticeship will be spent off-the-job training, you will undertake training, which will include that in the workplace.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Katie Whitty 01935 845397 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017