Web Developer Apprentice Oxford Agile Collective Ltd
We have a fantastic opportunity to fast track your place in an interesting and creative career. Web development is one of the country’s most in demand skill and we are looking for people who can show us enthusiasm for coding. You must be passionate about web development, determined to learn and develop new skills and driven to succeed.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£14,000.00 - £18,200.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Higher Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for enthusiastic web developers who are keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. You will learn how web development in an agency environment works, from start to finish.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development. Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and directly applicable to your work. Online training is provided to very quickly teach you the foundational languages of web development. Throughout the apprenticeship placement you will learn more languages and begin to specialise in your chosen area.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor - an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices and we use slack (industry standard messaging app) to keep in touch with all the apprentices, mentors, trainers and past apprentices across the country. At various points in the year groups of apprentices will get together for residential field trips, for example a conference, hackathon or group training or team building.
Your duties will include:
- Attend discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
- Attend and input into development team meetings
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Assist the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Content administration – Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
In a Web Development Apprenticeship placement you will join a team of ambitious and passionate developers to learn and contribute to projects for renowned clients. This is an excellent route into a great career. You will be learning current, marketable skills on the job and in training. You will receive practical, no-holds-barred mentoring in how to build sites by a team of influential, world-class, industry experts, learning from a supportive team who will help you to become a better more rounded developer.
We are looking for Apprentice Web Developers; people that enjoy programming, coding and building websites. You must be passionate about web development, self-motivated, determined to learn and develop new skills and driven to succeed.
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for someone who shows an interest in web development and an enthusiasm for learning new things.
- Someone who uses a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books or trial and error.
- You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring as there’s always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast.
- Web development is not just about code, you will need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too.
- You’ll also need to be reliable and have a can do approach to your workload.
- Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself.
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic.
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also able to work on your own to targets and deadlines.
- Preferably 5 A*-C GCSEs (or equivalents) including Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
The course is Software Developer Level 4. Training will involve classroom training 2 days per month and you will get time off from work to attend these training sessions.
Training will include:
- Drupal theming and custom module development
- Responsive design
- Project set up, local dev environment, command line, Drush
- Repository set up, Git, deployment & Drupal environments
- Agile methodology
- User StoriesTesting & QA
Digital Industries > Software Developer
HAPPY COMPUTERS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Happy Computers Ltd
Sheena Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017