Risk Officer Apprentice Homes and Communities Agency
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and growing Risk team and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To play a key supporting role across the Risk directorate to support the effective and efficient delivery of various Risk activities.
- To undertake day-to-day activities to support the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) team throughout the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. This will involve undertaking research and customer risk assessments using different systems and the reviews of KYC trackers.
- Review and assess documentation to ensure that it complies with the Agency’s KYC policies and procedures.
- Ensure that clear and comprehensive records are maintained to provide robust audit trails relating to KYC/CDD documentation, supporting appropriate and timely Management Information provision to Senior Management.
- Participate in ad hoc compliance CDD/KYC projects.
- Support the smooth administration and governance of the investment approval process within the Risk team. This will involve liaising with various stakeholders and maintaining accurate records and databases.
- To deliver all work in response to Risk priorities, which may involve supporting and assisting in projects, supporting the introduction of new Risk initiatives as determined by the Senior Management Team; and to deliver any other duties which are commensurate with the post.
Requirements and prospects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Considers and understands own role and contribution in delivering the HCA priorities and the bigger picture.
- Looks for patterns and relationships across differing and varied sources; continually develops clear strategies and plans for the future
- Challenging the conventional way of doing things
- Generates new ideas and commercial solutions in order to improve performance and delivery.
Analysis and Planning:
- Thinks logically and analytically to get to the core of problems; manages and assimilates complex information resulting in effective decisions based on sound commercial knowledge and expertise.
- Works quickly and accurately through the planning and prioritising of own workload.
- Everyone in the HCA has the potential to lead.
- Articulates the vision in a clear and transparent way; role models through being clearly visible as a leader.
- Manages change effectively; develops and retains talented people through a clear focus on people development and knowledge management.
- Promotes team working.
- Everyone has the responsibility to take ownership of challenges and problems and seek to resolve them.
Networking and Influencing:
- Proactively develops robust relationships with stakeholders and partners; creates and develops these relationships to increase and broaden spheres of own and HCA influence.
- Shows sound emotional maturity which has a positive impact when working with stakeholders.
- Communicates with others clearly, concisely, confidently, with consideration and respect in a way that engages the audience and achieves the desired result.
Focus on results:
- Achieves results through a positive approach.
- Focuses on goals and targets.
- Looks critically at systems, policies, processes and procedures.
- Is able to contextualise KOPs and use to drive successful outcomes and improvements.
- Enables effective teamwork by encouraging the team to achieve more through combined efforts than by the sum of all their individual parts.
- Ensures Performance Management processes are used to support and improve staff development, competency and results.
- Strong interest in Risk/Compliance and Financial Crime reporting.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and work in accordance with data protection rules.
- The successful candidate must be a Team Player with both an organised and flexible approach.
- Good communication skills are essential as the role holder will be liaising with stakeholders on a daily basis both within Risk and the Investments team.
- Good analytical skills.
Minimum of five GSCEs (or equivalent) at C grade or higher including Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
With tailored training from FWD Training & Consultancy Ltd the successful candidate will be expected to study towards an appropriate Risk qualification resulting in the CISI accreditation, Combating Financial Crime (or similar).
This is a fully supported apprenticeship under the Level 3 Compliance/Risk Officer Standard
Financial Services > Compliance / Risk Officer
FWD TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fwd Training & Consultancy Ltd
Shane Reeves email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017