Apprentice Nursery Assistant Harcourt Day Nursery
Assisting with the operation of the nursery facility under the direction of the Management Team.Maintaining excellent liaison and communication with other staff, parents and children.Assisting in ensuring the health and safety of all who enter the nursery.Ensuring the effective implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
- Following appropriate policies, procedures and systems ensuring the educational, social, physical, emotional, health and welfare needs of the children are met at all times
- To become involved in children’s activities so as to stimulate and extend their learning
- To demonstrate sensitivity toward children and families within the facility
- Providing an environment that is safe, stimulating and challenging, Ensuring compliance with ‘The Children Act 2004’ and the ‘Childcare Act 2006’
- Assisting in the admission and induction of new children
- Assisting in the maintenance of all necessary records to meet internal, E.Y.D.C.P and Ofsted requirements
- To take an active role in the promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- To respond effectively to any health and safety issues that may arise, and report any necessary matters
- To participate in training and meetings as requested by the Management Team
- Performing any other duties commensurate with the general nature of the position requested by the Management Team
Requirements and prospects
- Eager to Learn New Skills
- Able to Take Direction
- Previous experience in a simialr role would be an advantage
- Team Player
No formal qualfications are essential however a good standard of English - written and verbal -along with good knowledge of Maths and ICT is desirable
About the employer
For more information on the nursery visit our website using the weblink provided
You will complete the either :
Diploma in Children & Young Peoples Workforce level 2
Children's Learning & Development E.Y.E. level 3
Children and Young People's Workforce
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eden Training Solutions Limited
Sally Baldwin 01709889868 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017