Apprentice Administrator (within MIS) Newbury College
Great opportunity with Newbury College for an individual with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm to learn. You’ll gain invaluable experience working in a varied business administration role within our supportive Management Information Service Team.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Newbury College is looking to employ an enthusiastic Apprentice to work within our Management Information Service Team, based at the Monks Lane campus in Newbury.
The successful applicant will have an interest in pursuing a career in Business and will be committed to studying towards an NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration at Newbury College.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to;
- Manage student enquiries at the Student Information Desk
- Help administer the centralised admissions procedure
- Maintain the College Management Information System
- Provide efficient REMS and Exam orientated administrative assistance to support the Higher and Professional courses, ESFA funded courses, Adult Community Learning and Digital and Distance Learning Programme Areas as well as other departments across the College.
- Input MIS data accurately e.g. enrolment data, registers and create course codes for the provision. Ensure all databases are up to date and correct and that all records are organised in line with audit standard
This is a critical role to ensure that we maximise potential to attract and retain our students to ensure the long term success of the College.
This is a great opportunity to have a customer facing role which will provide an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience of working within a business environment.
You will benefit from working and learning with an experienced team of professionals, who can offer excellent mentoring and coaching, helping you to achieve the practical experience and academic knowledge to progress your career within business administration.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement: Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- IT literate
- Punctual and well presented
- Team-player but also able to work independently
- Approachable and friendly
- Willingness to learn
- Positive and flexible attitude
5 GCSEs at Grade D or higher including Maths and English (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Combined Competency and Knowledge Based Element: Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT (All Level 1)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017