Finance Apprentice Pluss Ltd
The Finance Apprentice will provide accounting support working alongside other members of the finance team in a wide range of duties, whilst working towards their AAT qualification.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Supporting finance team with month end processes including preparation of monthly accruals.
- Support the systems and project accountant with preparing analytical review of data.
- Carry out administrative tasks on the finance and purchase invoicing systems
- Preparing and posting general ledger journals
- Provision of general administrative support within the Finance team
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Checking of petty cash returns
- Assisting in the recording of supplier invoices and credit notes to the accounts system
- Help prepare BACs run
- Check and record employee expenses
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Confident on the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible approach to work
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
- GCSE Maths and English A*-C or equivalent
About the employer
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the apprenticeship in health and safety, data protection, safeguarding, disability awareness, equality and diversity and customer service through in-house delivery.
The Qualification consists of the following
- Level 3 AAT
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy (if relevant)
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
Training for Today
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training For Today
Amy Newbold 01332 345450 Amy.Newbold@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017