Facilities Services Apprenticeship Rochford Primary School
To assist with the daily running and maintenance of the school and it's site, to ensure a safe and secure environment for student, parents and staff. Helping with tasks both indoors and outdoors around the school site.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with the provision of other services provided by the school such as events or other manual tasks as required.
- Cleaning duties throughout the site.
- Minor and routine maintenance work.
- Maintaining security of our sites.
- General supervision of contractors.
- Assisting with setting out the hall and rooms for assemblies, meetings etc.
- Reporting and/ or responding to building maintenance issues and other matters as required.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Maintaining accurate records as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Professional manner/good rapport with staff and children alike.
- Good Communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Friendly and approachable.
- You must have a good level of English, maths and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Rochford Primary School
You will be trained by Southend Adult Community College who is rated as an outstanding vocational training provider. You will also receive excellent training and experience in the workplace. You will need to be dedicated and committed to your study and be responsible for your own learning.
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services.
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principals.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT – Level 1/2.
- ERR (Employee Right and Responsibilities).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Southend Adult Community College
Caroline Fairman 01702 445700 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017