Networking Degree Apprenticeship - 12855 Engie
Engie UK are seeking an ambitious individual for a fantastic opportunity to begin a career in Networking. This role will be part of the central IT Networks Team, which has operational responsibility over the entire UK BU network and Telecoms environment.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
£18,000.00 - £24,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Degree Level Apprenticeship
Accountable for maintaining performance and availability of LAN/WAN and Telecoms infrastructures across the UK BU including:
- Configuration and implementation of a wide variety of network infrastructure technologies including switches, routers and firewalls
- Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN environments.
- Configuration and administration of Cisco Unifed Comms architecture
- Day to day network performance monitoring and checks
- Creation and updating of network documentation
- Accountable for LAN/WAN/Telecoms developments, projects, and their successful delivery
- Assistance with management of WAN, Landlines and mobile telephony contracts
- Continuous improvement and promotion of services, in order to meet relevant Service Level Agreements
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies (including Ethernet and TCP/IP)
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
- Meets all Service Level requirements for the provision of network and communications services.
- Ensures security of network infrastructure is aligned with internal audit and ENGIE group audit (INCOME) guidelines
- Ensures remote access services meet agreed service level requirements
- Effectively monitors the network and communications infrastructures and responds proactively to any issues
- Effectively liaises with UK sites to ensure consistency with regards to implementation of projects, policy and guidelines.
- Ensures solutions and designs are in line with Enterprise Architecture and roadmaps
- Meets project implementation deadlines.
- Provides effective training for the IT Helpdesk to ensure smooth handover of projects to operational support
Dimensions of Job:
- Impacts overall service levels set for the IT department
- Interacts with UK BU sites (circa 400)
- Interacts with all UK BU major offices, including Canary Wharf, SSC etc....
- Management and support of LAN environments at a number of UK sites to c. 8000 employees including staff at all levels.
- Management and support of WAN for all UK BU sites and connectivity to wider Engie group
- Management and support of Unified Comms architecture at included UK sites
- Management and support of network infrastructures at the central datacentres
Requirements and prospects
Knowledge and Skills:
The jobholder will have or be working towards:
- Interpersonal skills - ability to deal with people at all levels within the organisation
- Knowledge of network technologies – particularly Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of WAN technologies and their troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows (both desktop and server)
- Knowledge of underlying network infrastructure services – particularly Windows AD and DNS.
- Knowledge of telephony solutions and technologies
- Communication skills - both verbal (including telephone) and written
- Proactive attitude to study and technical work
- Effective communicator
- Works well in a team
- Service orientated
- Effectively interacts with people at all levels
- Is aware of cultural differences and adapts own style accordingly
- Pays attention to detail
- Actively identifies problems and presents viable solutions
- Logical and analytical thinking
The job holder will have:
- This position requires no formal IT knowledge, although there is an expectation of an understanding of IT Networking and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies. A desire to expand on fundamentals and a readiness to develop knowledge to a deeper degree. Enthusiasm and passion for Networking is essential.
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer
You will achieve: BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions
Our degree apprenticeship is a work-based programme, delivered over 48 months in a blended learning model, primarily delivered through digital and online learning.
Across the 48 months, we deliver a total of 56 days in our face-to-face immersive workshops.
Our programme is delivered via a blended approach – bringing together the best of digital with the benefits of face-to-face classroom learning. Each module is taught in the following way:
- Each module is taught over a 10-week term.
- Every week our expert Lecturers provide a new chapter of digital content, combined with an online learning activity. This could be a technical exercise, contribution to discussion forums or a quiz.
- Two face-to-face workshops are attended, each lasting 2 days. One takes place near the beginning of the module and one near the end.
- Your QA Skills Coach will meet you and your apprentice in the workplace every 8 weeks to check on progress and support where needed.
- Apprentices also get remote support from our Lecturers and Skills Coaches throughout the module whenever they need it.
- Degree apprentices will spend 5.5 hours each week on off-the-job learning, including digital content, reading, exercises and assignment building. This is flexible and can be completed in a pattern to suit the employer and apprentice.
Digital Industries > Digital & Technology Solutions Professional – degree apprenticeship
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Anastasia Womack 0113 220 7168 Anastasia.Womack@qa.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017