Early Years Apprentice Hollingwood Primary School
A great opportunity to start your career in childcare has arisen at Hollingwood Primary School. Your role will be too provide care and support to early years children and staff at the school.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To learn how to deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 3 – 5 years.
- To provide a high quality experience for all children.
- To help to provide a stimulating learning environment both indoors and outdoors.
- To participate in delivering an appropriate play based EYFS curriculum using children’s interest.
- To undertake designated tasks as directed to a high standard.
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in Nursery and Reception.
- To support and promote diversity and equality.
- To understand and work within the school policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To liaise with parents and carers, when required, under the direction of qualified staff.
Requirements and prospects
- Evidence of interest or study of children of Primary age.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- An ability to communicate very well with children, staff and parents.
- Practical and well organised.
- Ability to use relevant technology after training if required.
- Keyboard / computer skills.
- Ability to relate well to pupils and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate good co-operative, interpersonal and effective listening skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with children of the relevant age.
- Good sense of humour Flexibility and willingness to accept change.
- Approachable, courteous and able to present a positive image of the school to callers and visitors.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to the school, its pupils, parents and carers.
- Able to apply the strict confidentiality policy of the school.
GCSE English and Maths or equivalent e.g. Adult Literacy/Numeracy at level 1.
Lower grades may be considered after a Shipley College Skills assessment.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided via day release at Shipley College.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Shipley College
Cameron O'Donnell 01274 327400 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017