Barbering Apprentice The Mens Room
Looking for a career in Barbering? Do you want to get qualified and earn at the same time? The Men’s Room in Leicester City Centre, are looking to recruit and train a Barbering Apprentice. Immediate start!
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
At The Men’s Room we are looking for a Barbering Apprentice with attention for detail and a passion for barbering & men’s styling.
Customers in our salon get first class service and styling. We are looking for a team player to become a star barber with us. In return we will show you what it is like to work in a fast moving, high energy Barbers.
Your job role will include:
- Learning barbering skills and techniques
- Build a client base
- Market salon products to clients
- Greeting customers
- Dealing with incoming calls
- Reception duties
- Booking in clients
- Supporting the stylists
- General cleaning duties
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Observing health and safety
- Safe use of equipment
The ideal candidate will be creative, ambitious, reliable and a team player with excellent customer service skills.
During the Apprenticeship, the successful candidate will attend Leicester College once a week to learn how to carry out the many cuts, styles and treatments you will be using in the salon.
Requirements and prospects
- Applicants must have good communication skills including face to face customer service skills
- Applicants need to be hard working and have a professional manner
- An ability to work under pressure is also an advantage as well as the ability to provide service with a smile
- Applicants must be presentable at all times and a high standard of personal hygiene is essential
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in the industry and be willing to learn
- It is also important that applicants are confident, assertive and use their own initiative
- No formal qualifications required, a real desire to become a barber is essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Professional Hairdresser (Barbering) Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills English & Maths
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01162295530 Apprenticeships2@leicestercollege.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017