Admin Assistant Tendring Telecoms & Security
To work as part of a busy office helping to manage the Customer Database and booking their scheduled service visits. Also to carry out customer online filing and general administrative duties in the office. Some credit control work will be involved as well as checking customers have received their quotations.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This vacancy will include providing admin support to the office. Main responsibilities will be managing the Service Contract Database. This will involve contacting existing customers via email or telephone and scheduling their appointments into a online diary.
Other duties may include:
- Calling customers to check receipt of quotes and also some credit control calling.
- To undertake filing, photocopying and general office duties.
- To undertake Scheduled Service booking via telephone
- To answer telephone calls, take messages and deal with minor queries as appropriate.
Full training given on department applications, basic procedures, filing, telephone and face to face contact with the customers
The role will continually evolve as the business grows.
The post holder will never be left on their own and there is always back up and assistance when dealing with difficult customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to take messages accurately on the telephone
- Ability to listen and work with and have confidence in dealing with members of the public
- Able to ask for advice
- Understanding of Word / Excel / Power point /typing various documents
- Experience of using Mac but not essential
- Accurate spelling
- Good numeracy skills
- Support colleagues and be part of the team
- A flexible, cheerful and positive attitude
- Clean and tidy in their appearance
- Willing to take on work or offer to help others in the team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Arrive punctually for work (time-keeping is very important for the whole of the team)
IT skills – Word / Excel
Numeracy and literacy/Maths and English qualifications essential - C grade and above at GCSE or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
The Intermediate Apprenticeship consists of:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration,
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in Maths, English and ICT.
These qualifications will be delivered by Career Track, mainly in the workplace, with flexible training and delivery tailored to meet the needs of the employer and the apprentice.
Business and Administration
TENDRING DISTRICT COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tendring District Council
Debianne Messenger 01255 686313 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017