Apprentice Sales Executive Countrywide Surveyors
Reporting to the Sales Team Leader/Sales Manager/Branch Director, the main purpose of the role is to learn how to and begin to generate and administer compliant insurance sales from a variety of sales leads
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
07 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Job Title: Trainee Sales Executive
The job holder must be competent to complete the following tasks:
- Work towards income targets whilst adhering to FCA compliance obligations.
- The achievement of case count/retention targets alongside income targets.
- Maximising sales opportunities by proactively selling and securing additional business.
- Raising underwriting concerns and rating risks appropriately.
- Accurately completes administrative tasks such as post, diary as well as account and insurer queries.
- Securing a consistent pass rate on all call observations.
- Working towards a good product knowledge of the field, along with a good knowledge of systems, processes and company procedures.
- Awareness of compliant handling – Being able to escalate minor customer complaints to their Line Manager and begin to understand the company complaints process.
- Deliver exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
- To ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with internal and external clients, including both colleagues and insurers.
- General administration work: Prioritise all client communication (via phone, email and in person) to ensure the customer receives a high level of customer service.
- Training - Undertaking a NVQ Level 2 or 3, ensuring that all work associated with the NVQ is completed to a high quality within an acceptable time frame, co-ordinating appointments with the NVQ assessor in line with the business’s needs.
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident on the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
Minimum GCSE Grade C and above in Maths and English
About the employer
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Insurance Practitioner LV3 through in-house delivery.
The Qualification consists of the following:
- Insurance Practitioner LV3
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy (if relevant)
Insurance > Insurance Practitioner
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Richard Wilkinson 01133 663066 Richard.Wilkinson@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017