Resource Assistant Apprentice Starkold Building Services Ltd
Starkold Building Services are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an Apprentice Resource Assistant. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Admin.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
08 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General day to day duties:
- Support the Resource Manager on a daily basis.
- Help with ringing round sites promptly every AM to ensure all labour levels are covered and to report back to the Resource Manager with any issues.
- Gathering timesheets from sites on a weekly basis, completing agency timesheets and sending them off accordingly.
- Putting out job advertisements regularly to help build up our company recruitment database.
- Familiarisation with our ‘in house’ recruitment systems (Bond Adapt) and using this to build upon our candidate database.
- Working alongside our Resource Manager to become familiar with the fundamental requirements of our recruitment strategy.
- Filling job vacancies by using existing candidates on our database or by using agencies.
- Being confident to carry out telephone interviews and assisting with the selection process.
- Being able to negotiate and agree prices.
- Uploading data onto Bond Adapt frequently.
- Carry out pre-employment checks on all operatives prior to filling positions.
- Keeping all our social media up to date – by posting regular job advertisements and sharing relevant posts.
- Answering the direct resource phone and reporting back to the resource manager.
- Assisting office team with all day to day business administration tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- We would like somebody who is well organised, able to prioritise tasks, and confident speaking over the phone.
- Basic use of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Somebody who is easy going and able to form good relations with both our clients, agencies and candidates alike.
- The right candidate should have GCSE's at grades C or above in English Language and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 qualification in Business Administration.
- Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required).
- Day release.
Business and Administration
Northern Skills Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017